Where did this year go? We have only 4 weeks to be ready for the coming of the Christ child. This Advent, we offer several ways to help guide us to the true meaning of Christmas. May the graces of the season enrich your faith and give you special blessings as we look for the coming Messiah and the fullness of the kingdom of God.
- From our parish home page under “Focus on Faith”, there is a list of electronic resources to keep connected to your daily prayer life. There are apps and websites for daily devotions, and other inspirational materials for all ages with categories for Women, Men, and Family. Wishing you hope and peace on your Advent journey!
- At each weekend Mass, a different family will light the candles of the Advent Wreath.
- Our RE and SJA school students are asked to complete an “Advent Kindness Calendar” to record their acts of kindness that they do this Advent. This is an opportunity to share and talk about the important aspects of a Christian life as a family, and to recall the many blessings of each day. All calendars will be presented as part of the Offertory gifts on December 17-18, the last weekend of Advent. Additional copies are in the vestibule at Church, or click button labeled Advent Kindness Calendar
- As we wait for the infant Jesus to come, how are we preparing our hearts? In the vestibule, there are two resources for you to take home for your own use or sharing with others:
- The Advent booklet “To Go in Peace” helps us reflect on a contemporary version of the Scripture passages for each day of Advent, and how we respond to being “sent forth” to share the good news of joy and hope in the world.
- There is a simple handout to foster reflection on the Sunday readings, and capture our thoughts on paper. Students as well as adults can do this activity each weekend to discover the richness of Scripture, and how it can be a source of new knowledge and application in our lives.
- On Sunday, December 4th after the 10:30 Mass, Mr. Jeff Sullivan, a Jesuit seminarian, will be here to share some thoughts and prayerful reflection to inspire our Advent journey. All are welcome to attend.