Timetable and Naming Process
- All parishioners are invited to submit ideas from July 31 to August 14.
- Unification Committee will consolidate the input for RMC leadership to screen on August 15.
- Parish survey of 3 – 6 names that pass the initial review process will be August 16 – August 31.
- Episcopal council submits names for consideration from the parish and the Cardinal selects a unified parish name tentatively in mid-September.
- Mission Driven. Two church communities, each with a proud history, should be thoughtfully considered; along with how we will re-focus ourselves to the mission that Jesus entrusted to us in this particular location we live in.
- Unique Identity. Names are important and can define us uniquely. The name selected will reflect the identity of the newly unified community and our presence in the neighborhood. It symbolizes who we are and what we want to be as a faith community.
- Saints and Feast Days. The names need not necessarily be saint names; however, they should be associated with a feast day for the new Parish to celebrate. Internet links are offered for your assistance and consideration.