Dear SJA Parents,
Happy Grandperson’s Day! Today at SJA school we are celebrating the grandparents and special people in our student’s lives. It takes a village to raise a child and we are looking forward to opening our doors and welcoming those who have contributed to our student’s lives in such a meaningful way.
In addition to Grandparents Day, there are several other events in the near future. We have First Communion on Saturday for our second graders. Please pray for them as they continue their faith journey. We would also like to wish all mom’s in the SJA community a Happy Mother’s Day! Thanks for all you do for your children. Our 8th graders will be specifically celebrating their mothers at the Marian Prayer Service on Monday, May 14th at 7:00 pm. All are welcome to attend!
2018-19 Calendar Update
Please note the calendar dates below for the upcoming school year. These have also been posted to the school’s homepage and will be reflected on the electronic calendar in the near future.
St. Joan of Arc School Calendar Dates: 2018-2019
- Teachers return for Professional Development: Tuesday, August 15th
- First Day of School (K-8): Monday, August 20, 2018 (Full Day)
- First Day of preschool/junior kindergarten: Monday, August 27th
- Labor Day: Monday, September 3rd (No School)
- Columbus Day: Monday, October 8th (No School)
- Springfield Trip: Tuesday, October 2nd
- First Trimester Parent-Teacher conferences: Thursday, November 8th (half day – 12:00 dismissal) – Friday, November 9th (No School)
- Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday, November 21st (1:30 dismissal) – Friday, November 23rd
- Christmas Break: Monday, December 24th – Friday, January 4th
- School Resumes: Monday, January 7th, 2019
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 21st (No School)
- Catholic Schools Week 2019: Sunday, January 27th- Friday, February 1st
- Teacher Inservice Day: Friday, February 15, 2019 (No School)
- President’s Day: Monday, February 18th (No School)
- Second Trimester Parent-Teacher conferences: Friday, March 15th (12:00 dismissal)
- Spring Break: Monday, March 25th – Friday, March 29th
- School Resumes: Monday, April 1st
- Easter Extended Weekend: Friday, April 19th – Wednesday, April 24th (School Resumes April 25th)
- Teacher Inservice Day: Friday, May 24th (No School)
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27th (No School)
- 8th Grade Graduation Banquet: Thursday, May 30th
- 8th Grade Graduation: Saturday, June 1st
- Last Day of School: Friday, June 7th (1:30 dismissal)
Check in starts at 1:15 followed by the prayer service at 1:30 pm in the Church.
YEA Art Show
From Ms. Reiff…
YEA! Is approaching fast and I appreciate your help to make this new year of YEA art festival amazing. YEA (Young Evanston Art) Festival will be held at Raymond Park (Chicago Avenue and Lake Street) Saturday May 19, 2018 between 10 am-3 pm.
I would like some help during the day….
YEA volunteers with carts will be available to help me unload and deliver materials to St Joan of Arc’s assigned site.
I will get there by 8:45, I will need some help pinning the artwork up and displaying it on the boards and tables. I will need some volunteers to meet me at the assigned site at 8:45-9:30.
During the day between 10-3 it would be great if anyone can come and keep me company during the festival.
Tear down begins at 3:00 PM, I need help taking down the artwork at Raymond Park. Then, if any volunteers could meet me at St. Joan of Arc School after the event, that would be a great benefit to me. I need help removing staples from artwork and sorting it, so I can return it to the the students. This usually takes about 40 minutes of course the more hands the faster it will go.
In case of bad weather the 2018 YEA! Festival will be held at the ETHS fieldhouse. This decision will be made on Friday morning, May 18, 2018. This information will be on the YEA’s website.
Please check out YEA’s new website at https://www.yeaevanston.org/.
If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Prayer for the week
O Lord, we call upon You in our time of sorrow,
That You give us the strength and will to bear our heavy
burdens, until we can again feel the warmth and love of
Your divine compassion. Be mindful of us and have mercy
on us while we struggle to comprehend life’s hardships.Keep us ever in Your watch, til we can walk again with
light hearts and renewed spirits.
Feel free to e-mail Mr. Scanlon at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Mr. Craig Scanlon