Dear SJA Parents,
Happy Memorial Day Weekend! We are quickly coming to the end of another school year. This is a busy time of year with year-end events and activities. Next week we will be celebrating the 8th grade class as they finish up with several exciting events including the Candle Passing and Awards Ceremony and Banquet. We are so proud of our 8th graders and all their accomplishments.
2018-19 Calendar Update
Please note the calendar dates below for the upcoming school year. These have also been posted to the school’s homepage and will be reflected on the electronic calendar in the near future.
St. Joan of Arc School
Calendar Dates: 2018-2019
- Teachers return for Professional Development: Tuesday, August 15th
- First Day of School (K-8): Monday, August 20, 2018 (Full Day)
- First Day of preschool/junior kindergarten: Monday, August 27th
- Labor Day: Monday, September 3rd (No School)
- Columbus Day: Monday, October 8th (No School)
- Springfield Trip: Tuesday, October 2nd
- First Trimester Parent-Teacher conferences: Thursday, November 8th (half day – 12:00 dismissal) – Friday, November 9th (No School)
- Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday, November 21st (1:30 dismissal) – Friday, November 23rd
- Christmas Break: Monday, December 24th – Friday, January 4th
- School Resumes: Monday, January 7th, 2019
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 21st (No School)
- Catholic Schools Week 2019: Sunday, January 27th- Friday, February 1st
- Teacher Inservice Day: Friday, February 15, 2019 (No School)
- President’s Day: Monday, February 18th (No School)
- Second Trimester Parent-Teacher conferences: Friday, March 15th (12:00 dismissal)
- Spring Break: Monday, March 25th – Friday, March 29th
- School Resumes: Monday, April 1st
- Easter Extended Weekend: Friday, April 19th – Wednesday, April 24th (School Resumes April 25th)
- Teacher Inservice Day: Friday, May 24th (No School)
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27th (No School)
- 8th Grade Graduation Banquet: Thursday, May 30th
- 8th Grade Graduation: Saturday, June 1st
- Last Day of School: Friday, June 7th (1:30 dismissal)
Prayer for others across the world
We pray at the beginning of this day that we may make it a good one because this day will never come again. Watch over us as we pray that you will help us to be kind to everyone we meet.
Feel free to e-mail Mr. Scanlon at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Mr. Craig Scanlon