Dear SJA Parents,
Happy Summer and Carnival weekend! We made it to the end of another school year. Thank you to everyone who has made this year so special. It has been a busy year filled with numerous events and activities. From Service Day to Grandparents Day, there have been so many things to celebrate in the SJA community. At the most recent Friday Funk hosted by 6th grade and the prayer service hosted by 1st grade, the students helped us reflect on the school year. They reminded us that it is important to think back on all our challenges, joys, and successes.
My favorite memory was being taped to the wall as a result of meeting our school-wide goal for Boosterthon. I was all taped up with no place to go and the students loved it. I still have students remind me about that day and how I was on display for all to see. It was a memorable experience and ultimately a worthy cause. As we end this year’s story, we look towards the future as we start another chapter. We will be hard at work over the Summer getting ready for the 2017-18 school year.
The school will be sending out several forms of communication over the Summer. Be sure to check your e-mail and the website for all the necessary information to be prepared for the 2017-18 school year.
The end of the year is always filled with changes and new horizons. The following teachers will be moving on next year to pursue other opportunities. We wish them well in their future endeavors and know they will be successful moving forward. We are grateful for all they have done for our community.
Please join me in thanking these teachers for all their hard work and dedication to St. Joan of Arc School over the course of this year and the collective years they have been here.
- Ms. Molly Tyler, Preschool 3 teacher
- Mrs. Diana Tang, 5th grade teacher
- Mrs. Emma Munoz, Middle School Math teacher
- Mrs. Laura Egan, Middle School Language Arts and Social Studies
- Ms. Maria Munoz, Spanish teacher
- Mr. Isaiah Sanderman, Music teacher
In the days and months ahead, we will be looking for new teachers to fill these positions. We will be seeking for highly qualified, enthusiastic and motivated educators to teach and assist our students to develop the necessary skills for success. Feel free to reach out to Mr. Scanlon if you know of any teacher candidate who might be a good fit for St. Joan of Arc School. We welcome your recommendations.
New Learning Specialist Position next year
St. Joan of Arc School will be hiring a full time Learning Specialist next year to support our students. The plan for the learning specialist is that they will be able to work with students at all achievement levels. We recognize that there is an ongoing need for this position at SJA. It will be a priority during interviews to make sure the candidate is able to work with a variety of students across the spectrum. Please reach out to Mr. Scanlon if you have any further questions.
Our students took the Aspire Tests back in the beginning of April. We are still waiting for the results and will send them to parents once they are received. The goal is to have the results back before the end of the school year, but even last year the school did not receive the results until after the last day. Thanks for your patience!
SJA Summer Marketing
We will be working on increasing the enrollment over the Summer and sharing all the great things SJA has to offer. Check out the new Fact Sheet. Thank you to Lisa Holubar for all your hard work as the marketing director this year and putting this together.
The deadline to apply for scholarship and financial aid is Thursday, June 15th.
Families can begin applying for financial aid for the 2017-18 school year. Please use the steps below to access and complete the application for parish and archdiocesan aid on the FACTS tuition system.
Follow the steps outlined below:
1. Go to this link: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/41MFC
2. Sign into your FACTS account with your username and password
3. You will have the option to watch a short video to help get you started
4. Answer a series of questions regarding income and expense.
5. Submit your form for review
2017-18 School Supply Sale
The school supply sale for next year’s K – 8th Graders is live through June 23. Our vendor again this year is School Tool Box.
- Log into http://www.schooltoolbox.com/. If returning users have trouble logging in, use your email address as your username and you can reset your password.
- The teachers have compiled a box of supplies by grade. Purchase the box of supplies for your child’s grade next year.
- Students in 4th grade and Junior High (6th-8th grade) next year need a calculator. The calculator is listed as an “add-on” item separate from the grade’s box of supplies, so you don’t have to purchase it if you already have it. To purchase the calculator, click on the “View Add-Ons” link for your child’s grade and select the correct calculator.
- The supplies will be in your child’s classroom on the first day of school. The durable items (binders, calculators) come with a warranty for the year. Also, School Tool Box will donate a meal through its partner, Feed My Starving Children, for every box of supplies purchased through this sale.
- Great quality, great convenience, competitive prices.
Prayer for Summer
Let us revel in summer.
Let us soak up the long days and warm sun.
May our feet walk on sandy beaches and our heads rest on thick grass under blue skies.
May we listen to and marvel at the singing of the birds and stop to watch people at play.
This summer, God, may our breathing slow and our hearts open.
God help us to be present to all that is so that we might best see all that might be.
Feel free to e-mail Mr. Scanlon at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Mr. Craig Scanlon