Sharing Time, Talent, and Treasure
The generous members of the St. Joan of Arc Community find many ways to share their time, talents, and treasures with the school. Parents are invited to volunteer in many ways, from chaperoning field trips to serving on the school board. Volunteers also help to organize community building and fundraising events through the Parent School Organization (PSO) and other parish groups.
Fundraising events and individual contributions are critical to the vitality of St. Joan of Arc. The cost of educating each child substantially exceeds our tuition fees. Thus, donations from parents, alumni and community members, are important to maintain our high quality of education.
Some ways to support our school include:
Giving to the Scholarship Fund
The St. Joan of Arc Scholarship Fund provides tuition assistance to families who desire an SJA Catholic Education for their children but are unable to afford it. This year the fund distributed over $45,000 in assistance. As the challenges of the economy strain family budgets, we have been able to provide temporary assistance to more families. We thank those who were able to share their gifts and make a contribution for others. Your help continues to make an SJA education a reality for as many children as possible.
You can give to our scholarship fund through Give Central or if you would like more information on the various ways in which you can make a gift to the scholarship fund, please contact Craig Scanlon at [email protected] or call 847-679-0660. Donations can be mailed to:
St. Joan of Arc
Evanston, IL 60203
Our thanks are made real in the education we can offer to another child! What a gift you give.
Supporting the Teacher Appreciation Fund
The dedicated teachers at St. Joan of Arc and other Catholic schools often accept salaries that are significantly lower that those at public schools because they are committed to Catholic education. To show our appreciation for all that they do for our children, the Parent School Organization strives to raise $10,000 annually to provide our returning teachers with a year-end bonus.
These funds are raised through a number of programs that don’t cost a penny to support:
- One Cause Register and designate St. Joan of Arc as your school. Bookmark the site and the next time you shop online, go to One Cause and shop from hundreds of popular online stores. SJA gets a percentage at no cost to you.
- Box Tops Cut off the Box Top labels found on many of the food boxes, sandwich bags, Kleenex, and other household items that you buy. They are worth money to SJA. Save them and turn them into SJA twice a year. Look for the next request coming soon. Your child’s class may win a prize if they collect the most boxtops!
- eScrip Register and designate St. Joan of Arc as your school (ID 500014546) and a portion of your purchases from various stores including Dominick’s will be donated back to SJA.
- Cash or Check – Donations of cash or check are always welcome. Please contact our principal, Craig Scanlon, at [email protected], for more information.
- Stock/Mutual Fund Donations – Giving stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other types of property that have increased in value since you owned them, can result in extra tax savings for you. Please click here for further details.
- Gifts Through Your Estate, Will, or Living Trust – You can specify a certain amount, percentage, or property, to be donated to St Joan of Arc School. Please visit www.parishgift.org for more information or contact the Rectory Office at 847-673-0409.
- Life Insurance – You can designate a portion of your life insurance proceeds directly to St Joan of Arc School. Please speak with your insurance carrier about this form of giving.
- Retirement Plan Assets – Retirement Plan Assets can be a simple method of donating on a tax-free basis – your representative can give you more information on this form of giving.
In the event you have questions or would like additional information, please contact the School Office at 847-679-0660.